Day 2 at Lollapalooza’s 20th anniversary celebration brought another 90,000 fans to Grant Park
Eminem headlined with some two-dozen tracks spanning his career as well as three guest performances that upped the excitement. Skylar Gray, who performed a set earlier in the day, showed up to sing her part on ‘I Need a Doctor’. Eminem paired up with Royce and Bruno Mars on ‘Lighters’ for the evenings highlight.
Royce Da 5’9 is stepping out with his solo album ‘Success is Certain’, to be released on August 9th. His solo effort comes after the successful collaboration album with Eminem ‘Bad Meets Evil: The Sequal’. Eminem also produces and features on a track on ‘Success is Certain’ with other features including Travis Barker and Joe Budden. See the full tracklisting below:
1. “Legendary” feat. Travis Barker (Produced by Eminem and The Futuristiks)
2. “Writer’s Block” feat. Eminem (Produced by StreetRunner & Soram)
3. “Merry Go Round” (Produced by Nottz)
4. “Where My Money” (Produced by StreetRunner)
5. “ER” feat. Kid Vishis (Produced by StreetRunner)
6. “On the Boulevard” feat. Nottz & Adonis (Produced by Nottz)
7. “I Ain’t Coming Down” (Produced by The Alchemist)
8. “Security” (Produced by Mr. Porter)
9. “Second Place” (Produced by DJ Premier)
10. “My Own Planet” feat. Joe Budden (Produced by Mr. Porter)
11. “I’ve Been Up I’ve Been Down” (Produced by Mr. Porter & The Alchemist)
Check out the new video from Bad Meets Evil, the hip hop collective made up of Eminem and Royce Da 5’9. “Fast Lane” is their first single as a group since they initially joined forces way back in 1999.
‘Recovery Of Detroit’ is Eminem’s mini-documentary about the recovery of his drug addiction and the recovery of his hometown Detroit. The documentary sees Eminem talking about his connection to the place of his birth.
When Eminem hit rock bottom and went to rehab in September 2005 after performing in Detroit, the city also hit rock bottom too – 40% of its residents were living below the poverty line.
Five years later in 2010, Eminem released his album ‘Recovery’ and performed a show in Detroit, part of his ‘Home & Home’ tour with Jay-Z, where he and his hometown came together to celebrate their recovery.
With cameos from Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Dr Dre, this is a must watch!
In other Eminem news, the rapper has set the record for the world’s first person to receive 30 million Facebook “likes”!
All images or content that appear on the site are copyright to their respective owners. They are readily available in various places on the Internet and believed to be in public domain. PUNCHBOWL BLOG claims no credit for them unless otherwise noted. If you own the rights to any of the images or If any content appearing on PUNCHBOWL BLOG infringes on your copyright, please notify us and they will be promptly removed.