A host of some of the biggest stars in music and Hollywood came together to celebrate the life of the late great Whitney Houston for ‘We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston,’ which aired on US network CBS last night (November 17).
The one hour TV special included performances from artists who have been inspired by Houston over the years as well as a list of presenters including long time friend mentor and producer Clive Davis, Halle Berry, Britney Spears, Taraji P. Henson and LL Cool J.
Jennifer Hudson performed a medley of Whitney’s hits, including ‘I’m Every Woman,’ ‘How Will I Know,’ and ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me).’ Celine Dion performed one of her personal Houston favourites ‘The Greatest Love of All’ while Usher performed ‘I Believe in You and Me’ from The Preacher’s Wife soundtrack.
The show also included clips from some of Whitney’s most legendary performances, including her incredible rendition of ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ at Super Bowl XXV in 1991 and her performance performance of ‘I Will Always Love You’ at the 1994 Grammys.
Check out some of the other performances below.
- Behind the Scenes| Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks – ‘Celebrate’ Video Shoot!
- New Music | Whitney Houston – I Look To You [Feat. R. Kelly]
- New Music | Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks – Celebrate
- New Video | Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks – Celebrate
- New Music | Whitney Houston – Never Give Up