Jay-Z has spoken out in support of same-sex marriage in an interview with CNN which took place after his Made in America press conference. This follows President Obama’s recent endorsement of gay marriage and it seems like the President has Jay-Z’s full backing. The hip hop artist said:
“I’ve always thought it as something that was still holding the country back…What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That’s their business. It’s no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”
In response to the question about whether Obama’s endorsement would lose him votes, Jay went on to say:
“It’s really not about votes…It’s about people…I think it’s the right thing to do as a human being.”
Watch the full interview above.
- Video| President Obama Supports Gay Marriage
- Beyonce to Launch Tumblr Account to Celebrate 4 Years of Marriage!
- Sinead O’ Connor Divorces 4th Husband After 16 Days Of Marriage!
- New Jay-Z, Kanye & ‘Watch The Throne’ Albums For 2012?
- Kim Kardashian Talks Divorce On “Jay Leno”