Today XXL magazine revealed their 2012 freshman list which included female rapper Iggy Azalea, the first female to ever be included on the freshman list. But it seems fellow female rapper Azealia Banks is not happy with Iggy receiving the accolade. She tweeted:
“Iggy Azalea on the XXL freshman list is all wrong. How can you endorse a white woman who called herself a ‘runaway slave master’?”
She continued, “Sorry guys. But I’m pro black girl. I’m not anti white girl, but I’m also not here for any1 outside of my culture trying to trivialize very serious aspects of it.”
Azealia is referencing Iggy’s “D.R.U.G.S” track where she starts off the verse “When the relay starts, I’m A Runaway Slave… Master”
Listen to the track below and judge for yourself.
- New Music| Iggy Azalea ‘Roman In Moscow’ (Remix)
- Iggy Azalea Signing To Def Jam?
- Video| Iggy Azalea Performs ‘Pu$$y’ (live)
- Iggy Azalea Tattoos A$AP Rocky’s Mixtape Title On Fingers!
- Azealia Banks| Number Three On BBC’s Sound Of 2012 List!