The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, paid tribute to her goddaughter Whitney Houston at a private concert in uptown Charlotte Monday night.
During the concert Franklin asked the crowd to pray for Houston’s family and performed Houston’s hit “I Will Always Love You.”
“She was kind. She was good. She was gentle,” Franklin said of Houston. “When the gates swing open, I’m going to walk through. They sure opened the other day for her and she walked in.”
- Aretha Franklin To Get Married!
- Beyonce Remembers Whitney Houston!
- Aretha Franklin Calls Off Wedding!
- Whitney Houston Died Of Prescription Drugs?
- Whitney Houston Dies Aged 48