The official cause of death of legendary rapper, Heavy D has been released.
Click under the cut to find out what caused his tragic death.
The late rapper died from a pulmonary embolism caused by deep leg vein thrombosis.
A pulmonary embolism is a blockage of one or more arteries in the lungs, most often caused by blood clots which travel in from other parts of he body.
Deep leg vein thrombosis is often associated with long plane flights, in which a clot can form due to prolonged immobility.
Heavy D flew long haul a week before his untimely death, after performing at the Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales.
RIP Heavy D.
- Amy Winehouse Death | Cause Revealed!
- Hip-Hop Legend Heavy D Passes Away!
- Celebrity Friends Mourn Heavy D
- New Music| J.Cole ‘Neverland’ & ‘Heavy’
- DJ Premier | Heavy D Tribute Mixtape!