Earlier this week People Magazine revealed that Missy Elliott had been battling with Graves’ Disease, an autoimmune disease that leads to overactivity of the thyroid, and due to “some inaccuracies” that had been reported, and the resulting concerns for her health, the rapper has issued the following statement:
“I was diagnosed with Graves’ Disease about three years ago, but it really hasn’t slowed me down at all. I rocked my performance on VH1 Hip Hop Honors tribute to Timbaland last year. I’ve written and produced a bunch of Grammy-nominated, #1 hits for artists like Keyshia Cole, Monica, and Jazmine Sullivan. I toured the U.K., Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia. And on top of all that, I’m working on my new album. I feel great. Under my doctor’s supervision, I’ve been off medication for about a year and I’m completely managing the condition through diet and exercise.”
- Missy Elliot Diagnosed With Graves’ Disease!
- Timbaland & Missy Reunite!
- Keyshia Cole Covers Mary J. Blige’s ‘I’m Goin’ Down’
- New Music| Mary J Blige ft Nicki Minaj ‘Feel Inside’
- Ben Affleck To Star In The Great Gatsby?